Proxy voting implies that if you’ren’t in a position to throw your vote face-to-face, you could have someone you trust cast your vote for you personally.
Am I qualified to vote by proxy?
Anybody who is registered can put on for a proxy vote.
You must provide a reason when you apply for a proxy vote. You are able to submit an application for a vote that is proxy:
- you will be not able to go directly to the polling place for starters specific election, as an example, if you may be away on vacation
- you’ve got a health that means you simply cannot go right to the polling section on election time
- Day your employment means that you cannot go to the polling station on election
- your attendance for an academic program means you can not go right to the polling section on election time
- you might be a citizen that is british overseas
- you might be a person in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces
The individual you intend to appoint as the proxy can just only behave as proxy they are (or will be) registered for that election or referendum if they are 18 or over (at Scottish Parliamentary and local government elections only this is 16 or over) and.
Someone can’t be a proxy for longer than a couple at any one election or referendum, unless they have been a detailed general.
Do i have to use once more if We have changed target?
Yes. You will need to make a new application to vote by post or by proxy – your voting preference will not be carried forward to your new target in the event that you change address.
Apply to vote by proxy
Voters in Northern Ireland should complete an application released because of the Electoral workplace for Northern Ireland. These kinds are just for voters in England, Scotland and Wales.